Monday, March 11, 2013

O My Lolita, how I wanted to love you !

Lolita

The love affair that never materialised


Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

O Lolita! I wanted to love you, I sincerely did but I didn't have the courage neither the tact to handle your tantrums! O how I wish we had more time on our hands and there could be some shortcut to win your heart, but as it transpired, there wasn't any. So , I am sorry Lolita for my ineptness to take this affair to the full course, still you would always be much revered and a special friend. Although I am not sure if our paths would cross again, I would remain hopeful for a second and much more fruitful rendezvous. So with a heavy heart I bid a teary adieu, Lolita!( if only I could say My Lolita )

On a serious note, could not really enjoy the word-play and fancy prose to the fullest. For I believe this novel requires a really patient and slow reading, over a long stretch. As it turns out, probably I picked the right book at the wrong time then! Which is such a shame, for it could have been so much more fulfilling and satisfying. And I wonder, if I would be able to muster the patience required to give it a go again in the future, which again is rather sad. But I have my fingers crossed.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment